Saturday 29 June 2013

Gray is the New Blue


It had just stopped raining and the sky was a light shade of gray as I stepped out of my car. Having grown up on the east coast, I was all too familiar with rainy days and never considered them something to be appreciated. But for some reason, this particular day struck me as a really 'nice' rainy one and I felt a sense of optimism.

The concept of 'Strategic Rain' was born later that day while I was sitting at my desk, thinking about how applying focus to your business is critical to your future success, particularly when you are challenged to balance limited resources with a variety of stakeholder interests. With a crisp vision, you can apply effort strategically where it will produce the greatest returns for your business. Establishing that clear vision isn't always easy, however. For some organizations, it can be challenging to overcome ingrained beliefs about what the company is good at, or to engage in blue-sky (or gray-sky!) thinking - i.e., to really look beyond what it currently offers.

Strategic Rain has been established as a Strategy and Marketing Consulting firm to work with clients in assessing their current business in light of their core competencies and strategic objectives. I am excited to have the opportunity to work with many organizations over the coming days in applying Strategic Rain to their operations for greater efficiency, customer experience, and ultimately, higher financial returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment